Subject: Re: [Dev] Reading Circle

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:47:44 -0500

> I'd keep the discussion here until someone decides it's unacceptable.
> IMO, until the discussion is /not applicable/ to development under
> linux, it /is/ suitable for this list.

Sounds good to me.

> It would be nice to keep any communication in the open for those
> who might not be able to make the in-person discussions.

Agreed.  Did you look at the Wiki board that the Patterns Group in
Boulder has? That's a cool idea...  Of course, I'm not really
interested in forming an outright Patterns Group.. but I thought
their Wiki board made a nice forum for keeping people posted
on what's going on, and otherwise sharing info.

>  so my "free" time is generally from Saturday
> afternoon to Sunday evening.

Pretty much the same here.

> That said, this weekend is already
> committed to upgrading a couple of intranet servers at work :-(

Similiar story here.  I have to come in this weekend, and move a DB2
database.

> I can (most likely) get a nice conference room in the building I work
> in; very near the intersection of Hillsborough St and the beltline
> We could adjourn to East Village for some refreshments -- great
> sandwiches and libations (if you're so inclined).  The conference
> room has a projection screen that can be hooked up to a laptop
> if we need it.

Sounds good to me. I live in Chapel Hill, but I drive to Raleigh
to work everyday anyway.  I would't mind driving over here for
something like this.

> Saturday morning is my been-hacking-fun-stuff-all-friday-night recovery
> period.

Same here.

TTYL,

Phillip

---

From: "Matthew Todd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:11:22 -0500

> to work everyday anyway.  I would't mind driving over here for

I live in Durham, and I'm glad to drive to Raleigh. Weekends are good for me
too. This is sounding like a really good deal; looking forward to it.