Subject: Re: [Dev] Reading group update

From: "John F Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 08:46:54 -0500

Hello

Good deal. I was unable to make the meeting Saturday, but I have received
my book.  I'll see you March 9th.

JD

"M. Mueller (bhu5nji)" <[email-masked]>@trilug.org on 02/25/2002
10:36:55 PM

Please respond to [email-masked]

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:    Re: [Dev] Reading group update

My overall impression is that this is going to work out pretty well.

It was a meet and greet session.  We cracked the book.  The C++ inside is
not
daunting (unlike the STL Fibonacci series in error messages torture
device).
On comment made in the meeting that stuck with me was that the book offers
a
language as well as technique.  If more people adopted the design pattern
language there would be increased efficiency in communication.  Soon a
decorator will mean more to you than just being a person featured on HGTV.

The group agreed to read the first section (Chap 1 and 2) for the next
meeting March 9.

The venue is spacious, attractive, and smells of new carpet.

We discussed using the [email-masked] for discussion.  We decided we would
use it until we got booted off (at least that was what I decided the
outcome
was; somebody please correct me if I misunderstood).

On Monday 25 February 2002 01:29 pm, you wrote:
> Since I was unable to attend the reading group on Saturday, can someone
> tell me how it went?
>
> Regards,
> matt

--
Mike  M.

Support TriLUG. Reply directly for details on how to send a check.
No amount is too small.

Subscribe to all the TriLUG lists at http://trilug.org/mailman/listinfo
_______________________________________________
Dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.trilug.org/mailman/listinfo/dev