Subject: [Dev] Did you find a solution?

From: [email-masked] (Akhilesh Gupta)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:53:40 -0700

I am facing the same problem...on windows

Internal compilation error, terminated with a fatal exception 

I get this error when I include a Solid JDBC driver in the class path i.e. in the library (SolidDriver2.0.jar). As soon as I remove this jar from project settings, I stop getting this error...

Appreciate your help
Akhil

---

From: Ed Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Aug 2002 10:41:34 -0600

> I get this error when I include a Solid JDBC driver in the class path i.e. in the library (SolidDriver2.0.jar). As soon as I remove this jar from project settings, I stop getting this error...

Hi Akhil,

This is the development [dev] list for the Triangle Linux User's group
and its meant to cover Free and Open Source development primarily on
Free and Open Source OSes such as Linux and the *BSDs.  Any problems
with software development (particularly non-Free projects) on any
Windows platform, are mostly off-topic.

For future reference,

  1) Please try to stay on-topic:  perhaps you could try compiling 
     your Java project on Linux?  Or perhaps you could tell us that 
     your project is (somehow?) related to Free or Open Source 
     development.

  2) Please write a better description of what you're doing: your 
     description is *awful* since it doesn't say anything about 
     what you're trying to do, what tools (eg. compiler versions) 
     that you're using and exactly what errors you're getting.  We 
     can't read your mind or look over your shoulder.

Ed

-- 
Edward H. Hill III, PhD 
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/edhill.php
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phone:  303-273-3483    Fax: 303-273-3311

---

From: "cj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 17:24:16 -0400

We need to have some network monitoring software to monitor routers,
servers
and other devices etc... I am hoping to find a really good package that
would run on Linux.

Are you aware/familiar with any such programs? Also, do you know of any
good
web resources to find information on monitoring programs?

---

From: Mike Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 18:23:32 -0400

> web resources to find information on monitoring programs?

You'd get more of a response to this one on the main list, so I'm cc'ing
my response there.

As for what package?  OpenNMS, hands down:
http://www.opennms.org/

Others:
http://www.netsaint.org
http://www.bb4.com
http://bigsister.graeff.com
http://www.paganini.net/angel

-- 
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost

GNUPG Key fingerprint = ACD2 2F2F C151 FB35 B3AF  C821 89C4 DF9A 5DDD 95D1
GNUPG Key = http://www.enoch.org/mike/mike.pubkey.asc

---

From: Jon Carnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:55:10 -0400

I have to agree with Mike,  OpenNMS hands down.  One the best network 
monitoring tools I've ever worked with.

If you need help setting it up, let me know.  I just setup a client with 
OpenNMS and the setup is still fresh in my mind.

BTW: if you are just monitoring a few select boxes, you can use a low-end 
machine, but if you want to continuously monitor a whole network you'll 
want a fast processor, lots of RAM, and lots of Hard Drive space 
(especially for the /var directory).

I setup a box recently that was a 650Mhz with 512Mb and had a 10Gb /var 
directory.  It was set to use 30 simultaneous threads to explore the 
network looking for new devices, and another 30 threads to check the 
existing devices.  Each thread took about 11Mb of RAM.

The box did an excellent job of monitoring 500 nodes on 8 distinct subnets 
(5 connected via VPN)

BTW 2: For OpenNMS to install properly you will need to download and 
install the Sun java sdk first.  If you read the install instructions for 
OpenNMS they do a decent job of walking you through it.... and after that, 
the setup is really easy!

Jon
===
On Sunday 25 August 2002 05:24 pm, cj wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.trilug.org/mailman/listinfo/dev