Subject: [Dev] Is this list alive?

From: "Brian Auld" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 16:12:55 -0400

Is this list alive or am I just not receiving any posts?

Does anyone know of any RTP companies that are into embedded linux? I've heard Tekelec as one, but no others. It seems odd that there is a lot of hoopla in tech circles about embedded linux as a core platform going forward, but I see no evidence of it being used in RTP - what gives?

Regards,

Brian

---

From: "Scott Lundgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 16:17:35 -0400

Pong to your ping. The list works, though I think this is the first time
I've gotten message on it.

- SL

---

From: Tanner Lovelace <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:19:59 -0400

Brian Auld wrote:
 > Does anyone know of any RTP companies that are into embedded linux? I've
 > heard Tekelec as one, but no others. It seems odd that there is a lot of
 > hoopla in tech circles about embedded linux as a core platform going
 > forward, but I see no evidence of it being used in RTP - what gives?
 >
 > Regards,
 >
 > Brian

I think there is a company called Blast in Chatham county that does
embedded linux.  See http://www.whitedwarflinux.org/ for more
information.

You might also check out uClibc (http://www.uclibc.org which seems to
be down now, so ymmv).

Tanner
-- 
Tanner Lovelace | lovelace(at)wayfarer.org | http://wtl.wayfarer.org/
--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
GPG Fingerprint = A66C 8660 924F 5F8C 71DA  BDD0 CE09 4F8E DE76 39D4
GPG Key can be found at http://wtl.wayfarer.org/lovelace.gpg.asc
--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
"What is this talk of "release?"  We do not make software "releases."
Our software "escapes" leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality
assurance people in its wake." - [email-masked]