Subject: [Dev] [announce] First meeting of Zope/Python User Group

From: Tom Bryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 00:39:27 +0500

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but I just thought you guys might be 
interested in Zope.

The Triangle Zope/Python User Group (TriZPUG) will hold its first 
meeting this Tuesday, October 8, at 6:15 p.m. near Raleigh/Durham, NC.   
We will be starting at VERITAS Software, who has kindly permitted us to 
use their meeting room (directions to VERITAS below).  Geoff Davis will 
give a talk on Zope and Plone, starting promptly at 6:30.  

After the talk, we will all be going out to a local restaurant (still 
being selected on the trizpug mailing list).  Everyone should bring a 
(no more than) one page description of current and past work related to 
Python and/or Zope and any suggestions for topics for future TriZPUG 
talks.  We will be handing these around the table so that everyone can 
get to know each other's Python/Zope background and interests quickly.

Hope to see you there!

Title: An Introduction to Plone: Web Content Management Made Easy
=================================================================
Plone is an open source toolkit for building web portals using Zope.  
Plone provides a fully functional and highly customizable portal out of 
the box and gives you built-in security, content storage, search 
capabilities, automated content generation, a skinnable user interface, 
content management workflow, RSS syndication, user discussions, and 
more.  I will give an overview of Plone's capabilities and provide some 
pointers on where to learn more.

If you are interested in learning more about Zope, Plone is a great 
place to begin.  If you already know Zope, Plone is definitely 
something you should know about.

Directions to VERITAS:
======================
VERITAS Software, 2530 Meridian Parkway, in Research Triangle Park. The
Meridian Business Park is off of Highway 55, near its intersection with
Interstate 40. 

From I-40, take exit 278. At the bottom of the exit, turn LEFT onto
Highway 55. 

Turn left at the next light onto Meridian Parkway. 
Travel approximately one-half mile, to building 2530 on the RIGHT. 
Turn RIGHT, and park in the back. VERITAS is on the first floor. 

Go to the Blue Ridge Conference Room, located past the elevators

For more about TriZPUG:
=======================
Web page
http://dev.zope.org/Members/tbryan/TriZPUG/FrontPage
Mailing list
http://starship.python.net/mailman/listinfo/triangle-zpug