Subject: [Dev] C, C++ IDE's

From: Roy Vestal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 08:52:06 -0400 (EDT)

Any recommendations on C and C++ IDE's? I'm used to DJGPP and M$ Visual 
C++.  I've looked at KDevelop, but I want something that's not 
Desktop/Window Manager dependant.

I know that EMACS and VI can be used that way, but I'd like to see gui's 
too. If you have any links for useing emacs and vi, please let me know.

-- 
---------------------------------------
Roy Vestal
[email-masked]
http://www.trilug.org/~rvestal

I'm not a geek, I just play one on tv.
---------------------------------------

---

From: "Justin Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 09:09:28 -0400

> Desktop/Window Manager dependant.

Take a look at Kylix. Borland offers the Open Edition for free, as well as
other Editions with more features (mostly components I think). Kylix 3 has
compilers for both C++ and Object Pascal, pick your flavor and go. I've been
working n Delphi (and a bit in Kylix/OP) for about 4 years now, so I may be
a bit biased:-)

Regards,
Justin

---

From: "David A. Cafaro" <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 May 2003 09:43:22 -0400

I've been pretty happy with SlickEdit.  Cost some cash, but it works
very well with a range of different Languages including C/C++.  I use it
primarily for Java stuff, but on occasion touch C/C++, Perl, and php
stuff that I have to work with.

-- 
David A. Cafaro <[email-masked]>
Sys Admin to User: "You did what?!?"

---

From: John Beimler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 10:47:08 -0400

>Desktop/Window Manager dependant.
Eclipse does that, and has really nice CVS integration.  Here's an 
article about moving from Emacs to Eclipse:

http://www.beyondcode.org/articles/eclipse.html

Eclipse is an IBM project and is at:  http://www.eclipse.org/

Peace.

john