Subject: Re: [Dev] C++ book recommendations

From: "John F Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:19:08 -0500

Hello

I'm a fan of Bruce Eckel books:

Thinking in C++
and
C++ inside and out.

JD

"M. Mueller (bhu5nji)" <[email-masked]>@trilug.org on 03/18/2002
11:13:31 PM

Please respond to [email-masked]

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:    [Dev] C++ book recommendations

Any recommendations on C++ books?  Something that describes the gears and
pulleys as well as the function. I have Stroustroup from way back when.

I was working with a base class last Friday that had no virtual destructor.
It wasn't a problem until I added some private data items to the derived
class.  Then the compiler started complaining.  I searched the web and
gained
a rudimentary understanding of the problem and I found a solution to the
problem.  Now I want to have a solid understanding of that problem and
solution.
--
Mike  M.

Support TriLUG. Reply directly for details on how to send a check.
No amount is too small.

Subscribe to all the TriLUG lists at http://trilug.org/mailman/listinfo
_______________________________________________
Dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.trilug.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

---

From: [email-masked] (John Beimler)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:53:25 -0500

> I'm a fan of Bruce Eckel books:

me too!  a note that you can find Thinking in C++ (and a few others) at
http://www.bruceeckel.com/.  He has the start of a design patterns in
python book there I am going to get around to reading real soon now.

Peace.

john