Subject: [Dev] Let me try that again in text format (sorry) - Is this list alive?

From: "Brian Auld" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 16:18:14 -0400

I'm trying to send this from an outlook mail client without 1000 character
long lines.

If there's no change, my apologies...

Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Auld
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 4:12 PM
Subject: Is this list alive?

Is this list alive or am I just not receiving any posts?

Does anyone know of any RTP companies that are into embedded linux? I've
heard Tekelec as one, but no others. It seems odd that there is a lot of
hoopla in tech circles about embedded linux as a core platform going
forward, but I see no evidence of it being used in RTP - what gives?

Regards,

Brian

---

From: Benjamin Reed <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 16:33:18 -0400

> forward, but I see no evidence of it being used in RTP - what gives?

We use linux in our appliances at Oculan.  I know Blast out in 
Pittsboro (the place Tarus Balog works for) does embedded stuff as 
well.  I'm sure there's got to be others, too...

-- 
We put a lot of thought into our defaults.  We like them.  If we
didn't, we would have made something else be the default.  So keep
your cotton-pickin' hands off our defaults.  Don't touch.  Consider
them mandatory.  "Mandatory defaults" has a nice ring to it.