Subject: Re: [Dev] C++ book recommendations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:13:44 -0500

> > I'm a fan of Bruce Eckel books:
> >
> > Thinking in C++

> me too!  a note that you can find Thinking in C++ (and a few others) at
> http://www.bruceeckel.com/.  He has the start of a design patterns in
> python book there I am going to get around to reading real soon now.

Consider this another vote for "Thinking In C++."  It's the most
informative C++ books I've ever read.  Also, you might try the
"C++ Primer" by Stanley Lippman.  Those two will get you a long
way with C++, IMHO.

TTYL,

Phillip Rhodes
Application Designer
Voice Data Solutions
919-571-4300 x225
[email-masked]

America is at war with Afghanistan.  America has always been at war with
Afghanistan.  Russia is our ally.  Russia has always been our ally.

Read Orwell's 1984.  Read a newspaper.  Fear the future.

The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty
is a history of limitations of governmental power, not the increase of it.
- Woodrow Wilson Speech in New York, September 9, 1912

Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little order,
will lose both and deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin