Subject: [Dev] Help needed

From: "tzhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 21:11:42 -0800

Dear Dev;
      I just saw from linux mail list that you know the error about
"Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!" when I patch the Linux
kernel 2.4.18. There are thousand of them. Need I manually reply all the
question. If it is, how to reply?
      I need your help if you have time.  I could not get any idea even I
search from 'Google'. Thank you.
Yours,Tao Zhang
ME department
Tulane University
New Orleans
LA, 70118

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:32:14 -0800

> question. If it is, how to reply?

What patch(es) are you applying against 2.4.18? Is it a vendor's 2.4.18
kernel source, or a "vanilla" one from a kernel.org mirror?

"Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected" is usually an
indication that you're trying to apply something that has already been
applied, which is particularly the case if you're applying it against a
vendor kernel source. You should always reply to those questions, but
your answer will of course depend on what patch you're applying to what
kernel.

-Dan

-- 
Dan Chen                [email-masked]
GPG key: www.unc.edu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc