Subject: Re: [Dev] Reading Circle

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:36:54 -0500

> I just saw Tanner's post on the other list, and so I went and subscribed
to
> the dev list.

Cool!

> Where are you guys in regards to the Reading Group? I have been toying
with
> the idea of reading this book, but wasn't quite sure I was ready for it.
> I'd LOVE to get in on this if it isn't already too far along.

Not at all.  We're basically still in the planning phase.  What we have so
far is this, AFAIK:

We'll meet twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month,
somewhere
between 1 and 3pm.  We settled on 1:00pm for the "prelim" meeting this
weekend,
but I don't know if that will become the offical time for all meetings...
discussing things like that is part of what this weekend's meeting is
about.

We are to meet at Brent Verner's place of employment, for now at least.
He has a conference room there he can reserve for our weekend meetings.
I've asked him to post more detailed directions, so I expect those to be
coming soon.  Just keep watching this list, and you should see them show
up.

Somebody else, Mike Mueller I think ( apologies if I'm getting this wrong
),
has offered the use of an outdoor facility for nice warm summer days.
So maybe we'll switch around from time to time....

Anyway, as it stands now, I think we're tenatively planning our first
"real"
meeting for the 2nd Sat in March, which would be March 8.

The meeting this weekend is kind of a planning meeting / chat session.
Please come out anyway, if you're interested. It will be a chance
for some of us to meet, who haven't met in real life before, as well
as figure out exactly how this group is going to work.

TTYL,

Phillip

---

From: "M. Mueller (bhu5nji)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:16:52 -0500

> So maybe we'll switch around from time to time....

Correct-o-mundo.  Big pecan tree.  Tin roof.  Galvanized tub full of ice and 
refreshments.  Design patterns. STL.  OO.  What could be better?

Mike M.