Subject: Re: [Dev] ADV: Direct email blaster, email addresses extractor, maillist verify, maillist manager...........

From: "John F Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 08:57:56 -0400

Hello

Alright!  Our first spam.  Now we are an official list.  Maybe we can get
50 gizillion "Italy Minutes and Nigerian Money Machine" mails like the
debian lists.

Oh joy,

JD

[email-masked]@trilug.org on 07/19/2002 07:19:05 AM

Please respond to [email-masked]

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:    [Dev] ADV: Direct email blaster, email addresses extractor,
       maillist verify, maillist manager...........

Direct Email Blaster

The program will send mail at the rate of over 1, 000 e-mails per minute.
Legal and Fast sending bulk emails
Built in SMTP server
Have Return Path
Can Check Mail Address
Make Error Send Address List( Remove or Send Again)
Support multi-threads.
Support multi-smtp servers.
Manages your opt-in E-Mail Lists
Offers an easy-to-use interface!
Easy to configure and use

Download Now

Maillist Verify

Maillist Verify is intended for e-mail addresses and mail lists verifying.
The main task is to determine which of addresses in the mail list are dead.
The program is oriented, basically, on programmers which have their own
mail lists to inform their users about new versions of their programs.

The program works on the same algorithm as ISP mail systems do. Mail
servers addresses for specified address are extracted from DNS. The program
tries to connect with found SMTP-servers and simulates the sending of
message. It does not come to the message sending ‿/NOBR> EMV disconnect as
soon as mail server informs does this address exist or not. EMV can find

 about 90% of dead addresses ‿/NOBR> some mail systems receive all messages
and only then see their

addresses and if the address is dead send the message back with remark
about it.

Download Now

Express Email Blaster

Express Email Blaster  is a very fast, powerful yet simple to use email
sender. Utilizing multiple threads/connections

 and multiple SMTP servers your emails will be sent out fast and easily.
There are User Information, Attach Files,

Address and Mail Logs four tabbed area for the E-mails details for sending.
About 25 SMTP servers come with the

demo version, and users may Add and Delete SMTP servers. About 60,000
E-mails will be sent out per hour."

Download Now

Express Email Address Extractor

This program is the most efficient, easy to use email address collector
available on the

 internet! Beijing Express Email Address Extractor (ExpressEAE) is designed
to extract

 e-mail addresses from web-pages on the Internet (using HTTP protocols)
.ExpressEAE

 supports operation through many proxy-server and works very fast, as it is
able of

loading several pages simultaneously, and requires very few resources.

With it, you will be able to use targeted searches to crawl the world wide
web, extracting

thousands of clean, fresh email addresses. Ably Email address Extractor is
unlike other

address collecting programs, which limit you to one or two search engines
and are unable

 to do auto searches HUGE address. Most of them collect a high percentage
of incomplete,

unusable addresses which will cause you serious problems when using them in
a mailing.

   Easier to learn and use than any other email address collector program
   available.
   Accesses eight search engines
   Add your own URLs to the list to be searched
   Supports operation through a lot of proxy-server and works very fast
   (HTTP Proxy)
   Able of loading several pages simultaneously
   Requires very few resources
   Timeout feature allows user to limit the amount of time crawling in dead
   sites and traps.
   Easy to make Huge address list
   Pause/continue extraction at any time.
   Auto connection to the Internet

Download Now
Express Email Address Downloader

   ExpressEAD  is a 32 bit Windows Program for e-mail marketing. It is
   intended for easy and convenient
    search large e-mail address lists from mail servers. The program can be
   operated on
   Windows 95/98/ME/2000 and NT.
   ExpressEAD  support multi-threads (up to 1024 connections).
   ExpressEAD  has the ability  to reconnect to the mail server if the
   server has disconnected and
   continue the searching at the point where it has been interrupted.
   ExpressEAD  has an ergonomic interface that is easy to set up and simple
   to use.

Features:

   support multi-threads.
   auto get smtp server address,support multi-smtp servers.
   auto save  E-Mail Lists
   offers an easy-to-use interface!

Download Now

Express Maillist Manager

This program was designed to be a complement to the Direct Email Blaster
and Email Blaster

suite of bulk email software programs. Its purpose is to organize your
email lists in order to be more

effective with your email marketing campaign. Some of its features include:

‿Combine several lists into one file.
‿Split up larger lists to make them more manageable.
‿Remove addresses from file.
‿Manual editing, adding, and deleting of addresses.
‿Ability to auto clean lists, that is, remove any duplicate or unwanted
addresses.
‿Maintain all your address lists within the program so you no  longer need
to keep all your

 lists saved as separate text files.

Download Now

if you want to remove your email, please send email to
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________ Dev mailing list
[email-masked] http://www.trilug.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

---

From: Mike Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:26:28 -0400

> 50 gizillion "Italy Minutes and Nigerian Money Machine" mails like the

*sigh*  Sorry about that.  This list wasn't set up like the main TriLUG
list that only allowed list members to post.  It's fixed now. 

In case anyone was wondering, this has worked great for keeping spam off
the main list.

Mike
-- 
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost

GNUPG Key fingerprint = ACD2 2F2F C151 FB35 B3AF  C821 89C4 DF9A 5DDD 95D1
GNUPG Key = http://www.enoch.org/mike/mike.pubkey.asc

---

From: James Manning <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:22:30 -0400

[Mike Johnson]
> In case anyone was wondering, this has worked great for keeping spam off

anyone know how to configure mailman so that it's members-only posting
*and* attempts by non-members are just ignored?  I hate getting notified
by sf.net that I need to check some postings held for approval because
of posting by non-members (always spam) - I'd much rather have it
automatically discarded, but I don't see where in the config options
for the list (mailman ver 2.0.9-sf.net)

Thanks!

James
-- 
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4

---

From: Michael Mueller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:51:14 -0400

There is a significant signal-to-noise ratio diff. between trilug and debian. 
 Is it because of the member only requirement?

-- 
Mike Mueller
www.ss7box.com

---

From: Mike Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:10:58 -0400

>  Is it because of the member only requirement?

We probably kick, on average, one spam a day due to the requirement.  I
imagine that debian lists are a bit higher profile (posted on more web
pages), so they get harvested more.  The steering list probably gets a
bit more spam than the main list (and we have to allow non-members to
post).

Mike

---

From: "Jon Carnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:27:19 -0400

That's a feature in the new beta, but there is a workaround for folks using
the current versions:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.012.htp

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
James Manning
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 9:23 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Dev] Re: ADV: Direct email blaster, email addresses extractor,
maillist verify, maillist manager...........

[Mike Johnson]

Thanks!

James
--
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4
_______________________________________________
Dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.trilug.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

---

From: John Beimler <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Jul 2002 10:52:38 -0400

I didn't even see this.  Thank goodness for SpamAssasin.  And you can
plug it into mailman if you like:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail-21/mailman-developers/2002-March/011381.html

Peace.

john

---

From: Tanner Lovelace <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Jul 2002 11:43:16 -0400

> In case anyone was wondering, this has worked great for keeping spam off

Actually, I didn't even see the first spam.  Why?  Because I'm
running spamassassin and using procmail to separate out any
spam that comes in.  If you run your own mailserver on linux,
I can highly recommend spamassassin. 

Tanner
-- 
Tanner Lovelace | [email-masked] | http://wtl.wayfarer.org/
--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
GPG Fingerprint = A66C 8660 924F 5F8C 71DA  BDD0 CE09 4F8E DE76 39D4
GPG Key can be found at http://wtl.wayfarer.org/lovelace.gpg.asc
--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
 This would be a very good time to hang out with the Open Source 
 people, before they get formally reclassified as a national security 
 threat. -- Bruce Sterling

---

From: Jeremy Portzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:03:24 -0400 (EDT)

> I can highly recommend spamassassin. 

I never saw the first spam and I'm not running *any* spam protection on
this account. Hmm... I wonder if my ISP is using a blacklist provider?  
It would seem that relaying it through the Dev@ list would get around the
blacklist, though.

--Jeremy