[Dev] Open Source and CVS

Tom Bryan dev@trilug.org
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 22:56:41 +0500

On Thursday 17 January 2002 02:37 pm, M. Mueller/bhu5nji wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 January 2002 11:22 pm, you wrote:
> > For SourceForge, the best way is probably to join a SourceForge project.
> > If you like Perl, Python, and/or C++, I'm responsible for a project that
> > needs help.
>
> What's shakin?

The project I was going to mention is PERCEPS, which I was in the process of
moving to SourceForge last fall.  (http://www.sf.net/projects/perceps/)  I
haven't been working on it since October or so, but I'd like to get back to
it this year.

While PERCEPS isn't Linux-specific, the other project that I mentioned
(www.ecoaccess.org, http://www.sf.net/projects/ecoaccess/) is Linux-based.
They're assuming a Red Hat Linux platform at the moment.  To help new
developers set up their machines quickly, I was banging my head against RPM
for a few months last fall to package up the software that the project
requires.

---Tom