[Dev] Triangle Zope/Python User Group

Tom Bryan dev@trilug.org
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:27:34 +0500

On Wednesday 24 July 2002 10:38 am, Mike Mueller wrote:

> When I faced the decision of learning Perl vs Python, I choose Python.  Two
> factors swayed me:

Let me add a third, in case you missed the announcement on the main list:

Geoff Davis and I are trying to start a Zope/Python User Group in the Research
Triangle area of North Carolina.  At the moment, we'd like to keep things
very informal.  Just a bunch of Pythonistas meeting once a month to share
knowledge and listen to someone give a presentation on some aspect of
using/hacking/learning Python, Jython, or Zope.  Even if you don't currently
know Python, consider attending.  What better way to hook up with local
Python users find people to answer your questions about Python?  The
direction the group takes and the topics that are presented will depend
heavily on the interest of those who will actually be attending.

If you're interested in attending, go to
http://dev.zope.org/Members/tbryan/TriZPUG/FrontPage

In a couple of weeks, we'll be contacting everyone who adds his or her name to
the list to organize a first meeting, which will probably include a
presentation from Geoff on using CMF with Zope.

If anyone knows of any other forums where Triangle Python hackers might hang
out, please drop me a line.

Thanks,
---Tom