[Dev] Help needed

dev@trilug.org dev@trilug.org
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:32:14 -0800

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 09:11:42PM -0800, tzhang wrote:
>       I just saw from linux mail list that you know the error about
> "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!" when I patch the Linux
> kernel 2.4.18. There are thousand of them. Need I manually reply all the
> question. If it is, how to reply?

What patch(es) are you applying against 2.4.18? Is it a vendor's 2.4.18
kernel source, or a "vanilla" one from a kernel.org mirror?

"Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected" is usually an
indication that you're trying to apply something that has already been
applied, which is particularly the case if you're applying it against a
vendor kernel source. You should always reply to those questions, but
your answer will of course depend on what patch you're applying to what
kernel.

-Dan

--
Dan Chen                crimsun@fungus.sh.nu