[Hosting] PPC and Alpha are cool, but....

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney hosting.a.t.trilug.org
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 23:20:48 -0500

...I may have a mips to add to a "build farm" as well.

Cool, ej? *grin*

Now, let's talk turkey. JonC says he's willing to give us an x86 bbox
for this purpose. How can we best (and most securely) hsare the user
accounts and home directories from fatalpha to this box?

I'd rather not have to add everyone to every machine, with a different
home directory at each place. it feels so...wasteful.

Thoughts?
--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  New email : alchemist.a.t.darkcanvas.com  --
--  http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist  --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --

"If you'll read the subtext for many of those old strips, you'll find
the heart of an old-fashioned Libertarian. And I'd be a Libertarian,
if they weren't all a bunch of tax-dodging professional whiners."
  -- Berkley Breathed, 2001