[Hosting] Equipement donations and Inflow walk-through?

Christian J Hedemark hosting.a.t.trilug.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:06:22 -0500

> Well, I'll be looking at Tinderbox to handle the multi-arch build
> stuff. The Moz team did a kick-ass job on that bit.

Is John Turner on this list???   I know John has a lot of Tinderbox
experience.  I'm not volunteering him obviously but I was wondering if he
had anything to say on this.

> I don't know if SF did multiple arches or not. If we can, we
> should. Heck, I'd consider setting up cygwin32 on a box behind the
> firewall and letting it build M$ exes if it weren't for those pesky
> *dows licenses....

OK I have an idea.  It is somewhat complex, but I think perhaps a very
valuable service.

Can we consider a box running VMware with multiple linux distros on it, and
do binary builds and packages?  I.e. Red Hat and Mandrake RPM's, Debian
packages, etc.  If this can all be scripted that would be awesome.  It would
be a great service to the community for us to take some useful projects and
provide automated binary build services for them.  Do the builds on a series
of rotated cron jobs so that you don't have all the different virtual
machines building at once.

I think we may be able to get the software for free (VMware) since this
would be an awesome advertisement for them.