[Hosting] Re: [OT] Heavy Metal

hosting.a.t.trilug.org hosting.a.t.trilug.org
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:39:39 -0500

Phil suggests:
> > Humming computers are nice, but he should introduce the lil' one to
heavy
> > metal music.  Now there's
> > a nice favorite sound for ya.. .nothing like jamming to some Iron
Maiden,
> > or Motley Crue or Metallica or
> > such...

> Reverend Hedemark responds:
> You know you are going to burn in hell, right?   (just kidding)

Gee, thanks, man!  :-)

> I suggest upgrading your music collection to something more modern, that
> rocks harder, and actually has a positive wholesome message.  ;-)

Heh.  Don't get the idea that all I listen to is 80's glam metal.  I like
everything from
late 60's / early 70's stuff like Uriah Heep, Deep Purple, early Alice
Cooper, Black Sabbath, etc.
to modern "nu-metal" stuff like Papa Roach, Godsmack, POD, Drowning Pool,
No One, etc, to stuff like
Kamelot, Stratovarius, Sentenced, Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Hammerfall,
Jacob's Dream, Stormwitch,
Symphony-X, PLUS plenty of 80's metal like Motley Crue, Iron Maiden,
Dokken, Slayer, Danzig, Dio,
Poison, Great White, Whitesnake, Nuclear Assault, Suicidal Tendencies,
Corrosion of Conformity,
blah, blah, blah...

Pretty much if it's rock or metal, I probably listen to it, with the
exception of most grunge
(exception: Alice in Chains) and rap-metal like Kid Rock^H^H^H^HRap, Limp
Bizkit, Korn, etc.

I'm not sure about the positive wholesome message part, but some of that
stuff is pretty modern
and rocks pretty hard. :-)

> I went to Atlanta a couple of years ago, mostly to see these guys live
> (their US tour was limited back then) and they just THREW DOWN.
> http://www.inpop.com/beanbag.html   There are some samples of their music
in
> there.

I'll check it out.