[Hosting] multi-hero

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Sep 5 16:22:44 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 16:03, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> Hunter Matthews wrote:
> | I second this request.
> | "5" projects were listed the last time i looked, but I could only find
> | two.
>
> Well, there are several that are something like "system" groups
> (which are apparently the same as projects to gforge) and they're
> not considered "public".  There seem to be 4 "public" projects
> right now.  It seems like a page that would just list the public
> projects wouldn't be too hard.  Of course, if it were nice, it
> would list them in something like blocks of 20 (or user definable)
> and let you page through them.  Of course, perhaps I'm kidding
> myself that we might get 20 projects. ;-)

Yeah!  ;-)

Ok, two things:

  1) projects have to classify themselves using the "Trove"
     classification thing in order to appear

  2) the GForge cron script was b0rken!  No kidding, I just fixed
     it by tweaking:  /etc/cron.daily/gforge-nightly-cronjobs.sh

The cron script does the daily updates and now *one* (count 'em--ONE!)
whole project appears.  :-)

As people classify their projects and the cron scripts do their job,
things on the site will get "fleshed out".  In the mean time, keep
sending your comments!

thanks,
Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com