[Linux-ham] new equipment tips and hamfest

Kevin Otte linux-ham@trilug.org
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:19:36 -0400

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 04:27:31PM -0400, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> To re-ask a question I asked before some of you were joined:  what ham
> radio programs are available for Linux that we could put on a CD to give
> out?  I think this would be a nice 'value-add' that wouldn't be too hard
> to do, if there are any such programs.

This is kind of a tough one to answer with the wide variety of subsets of
amateur radio.

There is a Freshmeat category dedicated to Ham Radio:
http://freshmeat.net/browse/38/?topic_id=38

I have more rambling I could do about this, but it's getting late and I'm
becoming less sensical.  Hopefully I'll see many of you at the Cary Swapfest
on Saturday so we can talk one-on-one.

--
Kevin Otte, N8VNR
nivex@nivex.net

-=-

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
-- George Santayana

"It seems no one reads Santayana anymore."
-- Cdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5