[Linux-ham] Congrats!

Jeremy Portzer linux-ham@trilug.org
21 Jul 2003 09:08:38 -0400

--=-QFmvZPpGKwQi5SmlZ6ag

Well I hate to say it, but the most awesome way of getting an IP
connection in your car has to be the Sprint PCS Vision phone and data
plan, like Mark Turner had setup at the hamfest.  But that's not free,
of course.

As far as 'ham for dummies' -- there are plenty of good books that help
prepare you for the FCC license examinations; there is a good amount of
electronics theory involved, but if you have prior experience you'll be
fine.  If not, the book I have -- Now You're Talking, published by ARRL
-- has quite a bit of intro electronics stuff in it.

--Jeremy