[Linux-ham] ham to web

Tim web1 at autonomechs.com
Wed Oct 13 00:24:40 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm working with a disaster response group.  We are trying to find
efficient ways to let ham operators with laptops get data back to a
central station that has uplink to the rest of the world.  802.11 is
great in many situations, but packet does better with distance due to
the low frequency <this is mostly true>.

Can anyone point me to some resources that would allow me to bridge the
gap between serially connected laptop to ham radios with a central
server that is connected to an ethernet jack with network connection?

thanks
tim