[Linux-ham] NC state amateur radio tags

Tanner Lovelace kb4tye at arrl.net
Tue Jul 25 23:04:28 EDT 2006

On 7/24/06, KI4OTK <ki4otk at yonderway.com> wrote:

> Cost is $10 more than a regular registration and includes your
> callsign.  Regular personalized tags with a callsign would have been
> about $30 over regular price so this was cheaper.  They do allow a
> suffix if you have more than one car with amateur radio tags.

I've had KB4TYE on my license plate as a vanity plate for about 8
years now, but just last week went to the tag office to switch it
to a true amateur radio plate.  I had originally gotten the vanity
plate since I wanted the image of the Wright Flyer on my tag too.
I had been thinking about switching to the amateur radio plate for
a while  but the extra $30 fee this year ended up being the straw
that broke the camel's back (didn't it go up recently?).  I was afraid
I'd need to turn my current plate in and get a temporary plate, but they
let me keep my current plate (vanity with callsign) while waiting
for my radio plate.  It should be here sometime this week they
said, so hopefully I can get it on soon.

Cheers,
Tanner
KB4TYE

--