[Linux-ham] Truck secrets

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 13:28:29 EDT 2006

On 6/6/06, sjackson at radarfind.com <sjackson at radarfind.com> wrote:

> Very cool, but what happened to put you in the middle of the Atlantic
> Ocean?!? :-)
>
> http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=kz1x-5
>
>   Track of KZ1X-5 --- Last report received 2 days 4 hours 36 minutes 10
> seconds ago
>   Last location is 856.6 miles southeast of SAINT JOHNS, NFL
>
> >>  Um.  That's happened before.  The truck is amphibious, flies
> supersonically,
> >>  and has a mind of its own.
> >>  It sneaks out of the garage at night to rendezvous with NSA robotic
> vehicles.
> >>  They share notes and talk to Dick Cheney.
> >>  Or, it's a bug.  One of the two.

Ah-ha!  I always wondered where the "undisclosed location" was. :-)

> Oh, and are there any guidelines to the -N tag on the end of a callsign?
>
> >>  Yes.  It needs to be a digit or two.  ;-)

I figured that. :-) I was wondering if there were any conventions as to
which digits to use for what things?   I.E. -5 for house APRS units?
-10 for digipeaters? -1 for mobile units?

For my mobile unit I generally just do my callsign...

Cheers,
Tanner

Tanner Lovelace
clubjuggler at gmail dot com