[Linux-ham] QSL Cards

Norman Young normany27597 at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 22 16:12:45 EST 2007

Interesting link re postcards.

I don't use all that many QSL cards, so I print my own on plain (unlined) 4 x 6 notecards from Office Max.  The cost is about 99 cents for 100.

I simply create a 4 x 6 document in my word processor (I have used WordPerfect, Word and OpenOffice.org), and design my card.  I create a small table for the QSL info, add a graphic of some sort (my favorite being a drawing of the Hatteras light), and add the usual info.  My printer prints 4 x 6 cards with no problem.  This lets me print what I need as I need it, and gives me the flexibility to modify the card quickly.

If anybody wants to see what I have done, I'll be glad to email a sample or two.

Norman
KA4PUV
****
Message: 1