[Linux-ham] Advice for a new ham

Daniel Bartholomew plumcreek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 13:53:04 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Mike Coles <bluelip at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any idea what bands and modes interest you? Where do you intend to operate?

Once I have a radio, I'll probably use the 2 Meter band with phone most of the time, at least initially. I'll probably operate out of my car and at home. My wife is currently studying for her technician's and she's expressed an interest in CW, so we may end up learning that together. The data modes sound interesting, but I don't have plans to explore those right now, maybe in the future though. I will probably ease into using other bands too, as I get more experience, but for now, 2 Meter seems like a good place to start. Does that help?

>  For a blanket 'I prefer' statement:
>  logging software: jLog
>  HT : Kenwood
>  Desktop : Icom

I'll have to take a look at jLog. Thanks!

--
Daniel Bartholomew