[Linux-ham] Using TNC with Fedora 8

William Perkins wperkins at patriot.net
Thu Feb 21 07:45:24 EST 2008

> I am planning on buying a TNC for my Linux laptop to support AX.25 and
> KISS on 2 meters.  I am wondering what TNCs are available that will work
> with Linux through the serial port or USB, and/or is there an AX.25
> software solution available that will work through the sound card
> without the use of a TNC.  So much of the software I find when Googling is so
> old and the TNC information I am seeing is for TNC equipment that is no
> longer available.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Bill, KJ4ASH

Well, part of my question got answered yesterday.  Some new files appeared
in the Fedora 7 and Fedora 8 repositories: ax25-apps-0.0.6-2.fc8.i386.rpm
and ax25-tools-0.0.8-2.fc8.i386.rpm.  The libax25-0.0.11-3.fc7.i386.rpm
file appeared on 19 February.  Whoever it was in the Fedora Project who
did this, I thank you.

Bill
KJ4ASH

----
William M. Perkins                   E-mail - wmp at grnwood.net
The Greenwood                        UNIX Systems Administration
Reston, Virginia                     (Solaris, Linux, HP-UX)