[Linux-ham] radios

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Mon Jul 14 21:49:50 EDT 2008

An ICOM IC-V8000 is a good single bander (2mtr) to start out with. Built
like a brick. Has a good 75w output.
It is an excellent platform to move between fixed station and mobile
applications.

For power connections I suggest going with the anderson powerpole type
connector. They are just about universal these days as a good quick
disconnect.

For a place to get antennas, coax and such I suggest a place called
Comark Distributing at 829 Purser Dr,
Raleigh, NC 27603. Larry gives you a real decent price.

By the way, the JARS club has a meeting this Thursday. The meeting place
is at the Panther Branch Community center just south of Garner near the
intersection of Hwy 50 and Ten-Ten Hwy (Panther Branch Community Center.
10900 Ten Ten Road, Garner, NC). Meetings are generally a lively event.

Congrats and Enjoy Ham Radio!!

Neil, WA4AZL
JARS Forever!!
www.jars.net