[Linux-ham] Which Xband Radio ?

David Black dave at jamsoft.com
Wed Mar 18 12:14:16 EDT 2009

Don,

Agreed - Yaesu did a good job of putting the things we do change on the mic, and the rest in the rig menus.  Once set it's rare I have to go back into the menus.   Regular use of the mic is important.  After a while of non-use it can prompt a game of "which button does that?".  :-)

Alongside the lot of current dual-band mobiles - even within Yaesu's own product line, the 8500 has lots of bells and whistles.  Subjectively, I see it as the last in a time where all the mfrs. were cramming in as many features as they could.

Dave AD6Q