[Linux-ham] Is LMR-400 cable all the same?

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Wed Mar 25 18:12:33 EDT 2009

N type connectors have a lower loss per connector that a PL-259.
It is much easier to weatherize an N connector than a PL-259.
They are much easier to assemble (in my opinion).

I use N type connectors when ever I can. Then again I'm a bit of a Nerd.
I will use a dipole or loop antenna rather than a Windom or G5RV. Yes, I
even use N connectors for HF.
I also never buy HF antennas when I can make them.

73,
Neil, WA4AZL