[Linux-ham] how do you sed to replace a single quote with some other character ?

Tadd Torborg tadd at mac.com
Thu Feb 13 23:37:26 EST 2014

I’m rusty and or ignorant of linux scripting.  I’m trying to use bash scripts to help configure the packet node.
Specifically:
I’m trying to use sed to manipulate the bpq config file.  One of the things in the file is a specification for informational messages.  I want to be able to script the construction of the bpq config file.  I need to be able to use sed to replace a boilerplate text with text that may have spaces or single quotes in it.

Does anybody know how to get sed to find and replace a ‘ with something, or something with a ‘  ??

Thanks.
   Tadd/ka2dew

Tadd Torborg
tadd at mac.com