[Linux-ham] /dev ports for USB serial adapter

Tadd Torborg tadd at mac.com
Fri Feb 28 21:38:59 EST 2014

I am using a Raspberry PI for packet.  I have used I2C devices to connect to.  The Debian Wheezy OS and the tools I have installed create /dev/i2c-0 and /dev/i2c-1 etc.. for each of the ports.    Now I need a tiny bit of help.

What does the /dev port look like that hooks to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc.. USB to serial adapter?  Is it specific to the make of the adapter?  Or are they all the same for any USB serial adapter?

  Thanks.
      KA2DEW

Tadd Torborg
tadd at mac.com