[Linux-ham] convers node

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Tue Jan 14 17:25:56 EST 2014

Tadd,

Just call me JC. James is definitely toooo formal.

I am new to ham circles and even new to my HT. I defeated squelch and
listened for 10 minutes on 145.19. Heard nothing. Shouldn't I have heard an
ID during that period? Nothing was heard except the rush of static.

About the only repeater I can consistently hear is --  146.880 ( skywarn
weather when  operational & piedmont coastal Traffic net) and 146.640 (rars
repeater).

I have several raspberry Pi's and plan to order the raspberry pi tnc unit
when my next social security check comes in ( near the end of January ). I
also have a tnc on order from MFJ.

jcj KK4VUS