TriLUG table has been organized at this year's RARSfest

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Tue Apr 12 15:39:14 EDT 2022

[I am relaying the following on behalf of Scott since he is unable to
send directly to the list at this time.]

The Raleigh Amateur Radio Society (RARS) is holding their annual
RARSfest hamfest and electronics flea market this weekend, Saturday
April 16, 2022 (9:00am-4:00pm), at the Jim Graham building on the NC
State Fairgrounds.

Together a number of technical clubs share an island of non-profit
tables organized together -- and one of them is the TriLUG table!!  In
years past TriLUG has provided media with linux distributions and media
with open source software for hams and radio and electronics enthusiasts
(for sale for $4 or so to cover the cost of the media and copying them),
and handout fliers that describe TriLUG and provide meeting and contact
information.

I have already provided a TriLUG table under my name (Scott Hall), or
under "Non-profit Technical Clubs".  All you have to do is buy tickets
for yourself to come and join everyone.  (order ahead of time for $9 at
https://www.rarsfest.org/admission.php, or $10 day of the hamfest)

Please come out and support TriLUG at the TriLUG table.  Hopefully
someone from the steering committee will bring the TriLUG banner to
display, and participants will bring blank media and laptops with
several latest distributions on them, and latest MS-Windows, Apple MAC,
Linux and UNIX issues of ham-radio and other open-source software.  Also
having fliers printed out available for handing out will help too.
Since the hamfest starts at 8:00am, please come early to setup -- I'll
be there at 6:00am. I'll also be there mid-afternoon on Friday doing
setup, if you can get off work and help out then.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA
scottghall1 at gmail.com
Although kindness is rarely a job, no matter what you do it's always an
option.