NCSA meeting/elections Mon 14 Nov at new location MCNC

ncsa-announce at ncsysadmin.org ncsa-announce at ncsysadmin.org
Tue Nov 8 08:24:32 EST 2005

(presentation annoucement will follow later)

Mon 14 Nov is our annual steering committee (SC) elections.

PLEASE NOTE: NEW LOCATION (see webpage for directions)

The elections will be conducted in the business part
of the meeting before the presentation. Half of the S.C.
is elected every two years. There will probably be 3 or 4
positions voted on this year.

The role of the SC is

o to find sponsors

o find people to present talks

o to pass and record resolutions governing our actions.

o to run NCSA in accordance with state and federal laws.

Most work of the SC is done on-line. Occassionally we have
face-to-face meetings (one in 2005).

NCSA is contemplating becoming a 501(c)(3) (Tax Exempt
non-profit) organisation. The advantage of doing this is
that sponsorships are tax deductable for sponsors. Some
paperwork will be involved and NCSA's procedures and record keeping will need
to stand up to scrutiny of goverment
regulators. However becoming a Tax Exempt organisation
will simplify raising money.

If you would like to be on the S.C. let us know by e-mail
or let us know at the meeting. (You will need members to
propose and second your nomination - if we recognise you,
this shouldn't be a problem). People standing for the S.C.
can give a short speech and be questioned by the members.

If you are interested in seeing how the SC functions,
but not being an SC member, you can join the SC mailing
list by requesting to be added.

Joe

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage
http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!