[NCSA] NC*SA Meeting - Monday, April 9th - iSCSI Protocol Analysis and Tools (with live demo)

ncsa-announce at ncsysadmin.org ncsa-announce at ncsysadmin.org
Tue Apr 3 18:32:22 EDT 2007

The next meeting of the North Carolina System Administrators
organization (NC*SA) is Monday, April 9th, 2007. Details
about the meeting are provided in this note.  We hope to see you there!

                     NC*SA General Meeting
                7:00 pm Monday, April 9, 2007
                 Location: MCNC, Building #3
                          Durham, NCe

Topic: iSCSI Protocol Analysis and Tools (with live demo)

Speaker: Neeraj Kuppam, Engineering Program Manager, Network Appliance

NCSA Sponsors:  EqualLogic - http://www.equallogic.com
                Network Appliance - http://www.netapp.com
                MCNC - http://www.mcnc.org
                TriLUG - http://www.trilug.org

Abstract:

The presentation will start with a quick introduction of the iSCSI
protocol and NetApp's iSCSI products. The primary focus will be on
troubleshooting common problems observed in iSCSI SANs by capturing and
analyzing iSCSI packet traces.

Biography:

Neeraj Kuppam is an Engineering Program Manager at NetApp. He started
at NetApp in the iSCSI development group. He is also the co-chairman of
the SNIA IP Storage Technical Working Group which creates industry
standards like the iSCSI Mgmt API (IMA). He is a cricket enthusiast
and plays for the Triangle Cricket Club in Cary, NC.

Our meetings are free and open to anyone with an interest in the topic
of the evening and/or system administration.  We will be providing
food and drink for the evening.  If you have any questions please
contact the Steering Committee at:

 ncsa-steer at ncsysadmin.org