[NCSA] TONIGHT: NC*SA July Meeting (7/9/07): IBM and SOA: The Bigger Picture

NC*SA Announcements List - Moderated ncsa-announce at ncsysadmin.org
Mon Jul 9 12:10:13 EDT 2007

The next meeting of the North Carolina System Administrators
organization (NC*SA) is Monday, July 9th, 2007.  Details about the
meeting are provided in this note.  We hope to see you there!

                  NC*SA General Meeting
            7:00 pm Monday, July 9th, 2007
                    MCNC, Building #3
                Research Triangle Park, NC

Topic:  IBM and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA): The Bigger Picture
Speaker: Ed Ungemach, IBM Americas SOA Executive
(Free Pizza Dinner will be served at the meeting)

Gold Sponsors:
EualLogic - http://www.eauallogic.com
NetApp  - http://www.netapp.com
CrossOver Leading Group - http://www.crossoverlending.com
IBM - http://www.ibm.com

Silver Sponsors:
MCNC - http://www.mcnc.org
TriLUG - http://www.trilug.org

Abstract:
	IBM has been growing rapidly in software and service oriented
architecture (SOA) in recent several years. In this talk, Ed Ungemach
will present with many details about the IT Architecture, software
strategy, IBM software resources, and components based solution analysis,
etc. A lot of graphs and figures from this presentation will help
understanding of the challenge that the sysadmin and IT manager
has to face.

BIO:

Ed Ungemach current role at IBM is the Americas SOA Executive.  This
position combines the responsibilities of evangelizinge the IBM SOA
message with your clients; fostering the teaming required to coordinate
SOA solutions; ensuring that IBM and our ecosystem of Business Partners
are engaged and leveraged in order to deliver the tremendous SOA
opportunity of SOA to our customers.

Ed brings the right background and skill set to this new position.
Previously, he was Americas BUE, WebSphere zSeries, and many of you may
know him from leading the WebSphere Portal product worldwide in its
early years.  Rounding out his well-rounded resume are sales and
management positions with companies such as Cisco Systems, Candle
Corporation and Applied Data Research.

Our meetings are free and open to anyone with an interest in the topic
of the evening and/or system administration.  We will be providing food
and drink for the evening. If you have any questions please contact the
Steering Committee at:

ncsa-steer at ncsysadmin.org