[NCSA] NC*SA November Meeting TONIGHT: Achieving Virtualization Nirvana (Free Pizza Dinner with Apple iPod Door Prize)

NC*SA Announcements List - Moderated ncsa-announce at ncsysadmin.org
Mon Nov 10 11:40:36 EST 2008

*The next meeting of the North Carolina System Administrators
organization (NC*SA) is Monday, November 10th, 2008.
Details about the meeting are provided in this note.

There will be **Free Pizza Dinner and Apple iPod Door Prize
for the lucky attendee at the end of this meeting.
We hope to see you there!

                  NC*SA General Meeting
            7:00 pm Monday, November 10th, 2008
                    UNC-TV Conference Room
                Research Triangle Park, NC
     *** Note that meetings are no longer held at MCNC ***

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topic:               *Achieving Virtualization Nirvana*

Presenter:         *Citrix Systems*

Matt Hensley

Systems Engineer -- Carolinas

Date:                *Monday, November 10, 2008, 7 -- 9pm*

Server virtualization is only one piece of the virtualization strategy.
More and more IT organizations are rethinking their virtualization
strategies to include desktop and application virtualization. They are
looking to gain the most savings from their existing infrastructure
investments while being able to efficiently deliver leading
virtualization technology that will enable them to support their users
and growing their business.

Please join *Citrix* as we share our thoughts on virtualization trends
in the industry and introduce you to our strategy in addressing our
customer's application, server and desktop virtualization needs. One
area we'll highlight is how you can efficiently deploy server and
desktop workloads by delivering them virtually and on-demand.

*Citrix's Application Delivery Infrastructure* solutions enable IT
organizations to virtualize application resources, manage them
centrally, accelerate performance and securely deliver applications to
users regardless of their location or device. Citrix will introduce you
to industry leading solutions that will enable you to transform your
application delivery infrastructure from a static environment to a model
that is dynamic, agile and reduces operational costs.

·         *XenApp *-- The best way for IT organizations to deliver
windows based applications for optimal application performance with
flexible delivery options.

·         *XenDesktop *-- The next-generation, user-centric desktop
virtualization solution that enables IT to dynamically deliver desktop
environments on-demand.

·         *XenServer *-- The simplest and most effective way to
virtualize servers to deliver dynamic data centers that respond to the
changing demands of your business.

·         *Provisioning Server *-- Dramatically reduces the management
and costs of deploying servers and desktops by dynamically provisioning
server and desktop workloads on-demand.

We look forward to sharing our strategy with you and discussing some of
the challenges you are addressing in your data center environments.

*Dinner will be provided and at the end of the night, there will be a
drawing for an Apple iPod Nano!*

Sponsors:
UNC-TV- http://www.unc-tv.org
TriLUG - http://www.trilug.org

Directions: http://www.unctv.org/aboutus/directions.html

 >From I-40 East (Chapel Hill/Greensboro/Charlotte):

    * Take Exit 279B (Durham Freeway/Highway 147 North).
    * Take the second exit (Alexander Drive).
    * Turn left at the traffic light at the top of the exit ramp.
    * Cross over the bridge and take the second right
      (approximately .5 mile).
    * At this point, you should see signs for UNC-TV.**

[Note: If traveling I-40 East, you will see Exit 279A (To Alexander
Drive/Durham Freeway South). Please do not take this exit as you will be
on the opposite end of Alexander Drive from UNC-TV and increase your
travel time.]

 >From I-40 West (Raleigh/RDU Airport)

   1. Take Exit 279B (Durham Freeway/Highway 147 North).
   2. Take the second exit (Alexander Drive).
   3. Turn left at the traffic light at the top of the exit ramp.
   4. Cross over the bridge and take the second right
      (approximately .5 mile).
   5. At this point, you should see signs for UNC-TV.**

Our meetings are free and open to anyone with an interest in the topic
of the evening and/or system administration.  We will be providing food
and drink for the evening. If you have any questions please contact the
Steering Committee at:

ncsa-steer at ncsysadmin.org