[NCSA] NC*SA Monthly Meeting (04/13): Using Microsoft Active Diretory for Unix Authentication: LDAP and, Kerberos Challenges Overcome

NC*SA Announcements List - Moderated ncsa-announce at ncsysadmin.org
Wed Apr 8 21:35:51 EDT 2009

*The next meeting of the North Carolina System Administrators
organization (NC*SA) is Monday, April 13th, 2009.

Details about the meeting are provided in this note.
**We hope to see you there!
*
Title: Using Microsoft Active Diretory for Unix Authentication: LDAP and
Kerberos Challenges Overcome

Speaker: Stephen Schaefer, Sys Admin, RFMD, Inc.
Location: UNC-TV Auditorium
Date & Time: 7pm, Monday April 13th, 2009

Outline: 1. Why 2. PAM 3. LDAP Configuration 4. Kerberos Configuration

If the audience has the stamina and interest, Mr. Schaefer also discuss Kerberos
authenticated NFSv4 using Solaris 10 and RHEL 4 clients with NetApp
servers.

Brief Bio: Mr. Stephen Schaefer works with a small team to manage Red Hat
and Solaris systems for RFMD Inc. in Greensboro and at ten remote sites,
from Toulouse, France to Shanghai, China, providing tools to
semiconductor designers.  He has an RHCE, a Computer Science M.S., and
first encountered Unix as Version 7 on a PDP 11 in the UNC Computer
Science department in 1980.

Sponsors:
UNC-TV- http://www.unc-tv.org
TriLUG  - http://www.trilug.org

Directions: http://www.unctv.org/aboutus/directions.html

 >From I-40 East (Chapel Hill/Greensboro/Charlotte):

    * Take Exit 279B (Durham Freeway/Highway 147 North).
    * Take the second exit (Alexander Drive).
    * Turn left at the traffic light at the top of the exit ramp.
    * Cross over the bridge and take the second right
      (approximately .5 mile).
    * At this point, you should see signs for UNC-TV.**

[Note: If traveling I-40 East, you will see Exit 279A (To Alexander
Drive/Durham Freeway South). Please do not take this exit as you will be
on the opposite end of Alexander Drive from UNC-TV and increase your
travel time.]

 >From I-40 West (Raleigh/RDU Airport)

   1. Take Exit 279B (Durham Freeway/Highway 147 North).
   2. Take the second exit (Alexander Drive).
   3. Turn left at the traffic light at the top of the exit ramp.
   4. Cross over the bridge and take the second right
      (approximately .5 mile).
   5. At this point, you should see signs for UNC-TV.**

Our meetings are free and open to anyone with an interest in the topic
of the evening and/or system administration.  We will be providing food
and drink for the evening. If you have any questions please contact the
Steering Committee at:

ncsa-steer at ncsysadmin.org