[NCSA] FYI - INFOSEC ANNUAL CONFERENCE OCT 21ST 2010

NC*SA Announcements List - Moderated ncsa-announce at ncsysadmin.org
Thu Oct 14 13:11:41 EDT 2010

NC*SA TEAM,

--------------------FYI-----------------------------------------------

Fellow Information Systems and Security Professionals,

Only six (6) days and a wake up until our Sixth Annual Triangle InfoSec Conference, on Thursday, October 21st, 2010.

Don't miss out! the Early Bird Registration deals close tomorrow!

The Raleigh ISSA Chapter's 2010 Triangle InfoSeCon is at the NCSU McKimmon Center in Raleigh, North Carolina. Additional information including directions, keynote speakers, sponsors, and online registration is available at www.triangleinfosecon.com or from our chapter website at: http://raleigh.issa.org/conference.html.

...Our keynote speakers are Ann Garrett, Chief Security and Risk Officer for the State of NC, and Marcus Ranum, Chief of Security for Tenable.

Arrive early and enjoy a full breakfast, followed later by a NC style BBQ buffet lunch (vegetarian entree included).

The conference committee is offering fantastic chapter door prizes:

2 Apple IPAD's

IPOD touch's

And other great Apple products, as well as signed IT Security books and other items.

***drawings made from properly completed conference feedback forms, (including name/org/ and min of 12 sponsor stamps)***

Also, sponsors are offering impressive individual door prizes.
***drawings made from collected business cards...be sure to visit every sponsor's exhibit table!***

***Must be present to win Door Prizes***

The standard registration fee is $85.00, however the following Triangle InfoSeCon EARLY BIRD discounts are available through Friday October 15th 2010:

    * Student = $10.00 each

    * ISSA Member = $30.00 each

    * Professional Sister Organizations = $40 (e.g., NCSU/CSD, ISACA, InfraGard, OWASP, NCMS, ASIS, etc.)

    * Government Employee = $40.00 each

    * General Public = $65.00 each

NOTE: Triangle InfoSeCon Conference Committee members and presenters do not need to register.

Spread the word to your friends, coworkers and fellow professionals.

See you next week!

Ramsey Hajj, CISSP

Conference Director

And

Brad Hoelscher, CISSP, CPP

President Raleigh ISSA Chapter

PS:

Plan to attend next year's conference...mark your calendar for our 2011 Seventh Annual Triangle InfoSeCon,

on Thursday, 20 October 2011, McKimmon Center. Keynote speaker:

Dr Marc Hoit, Vice Chancellor for IT and CIO, NC State University.