[NCSA] Consider LISA 2012!

NC*SA Announcements List - Moderated ncsa-announce at ncsysadmin.org
Tue Mar 6 21:35:02 EST 2012

Greetings *NIX Enthusiasts and Sysadmins of North Carolina:

My name is Marc Chiarini and I am on the LISA Program Committee this
year.  The conference is happening from Dec 9-14, 2012 in San Diego, CA,
USA.  The Call for Participation can be found here
<http://static.usenix.org/events/lisa12/cfp/>
(http://static.usenix.org/events/lisa12/cfp/).  The primary submission
deadline is May 17, 2012.

I am writing to encourage you (or other IT folk that you know) to submit
a refereed paper, a practice and experience report (PER), a poster, or
an idea for an invited talk.  If you have never submitted any of these,
if you are afraid that your writing skills are a bit rusty, if you think
your ideas are only applicable in a specific environment, or if you are
queasy about presenting, *don't worry*, you can do it!  This year we
have not only a pre- and post-submission shepherding process to help you
refine your ideas, but there is also a feedback period for authors.
This will allow you to clear up any questions or concerns that the
reviewers might have *before* we make a decision about what you've
submitted.

*Here is the takeaway:*  we IT folk often have good ideas and excellent
teaching experiences trapped in our head, waiting to be unleashed.
Unfortunately, time constraints and other circumstances conspire against
us and the IT community is poorer for it.  If you see fit to give LISA a
try this year, there is a good chance that somebody else will run with
the knowledge you've imparted.  This is one of the most important ways
in which our community progresses and makes our lives easier.

Please consider contributing to the LISA 2012 conference.  We look
forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
Marc

--