FW: Important Information on Your DIRECTV DSL Service

John Beimler ncsa-discussion@ncsysadmin.org
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:10:03 -0500

quotation from stan briggs <stan@stanbriggs.com> [on 021219 07:33]:

> all,
> after many happy years of bellsouth dsl service i switched to telocity
> (directvdsl) so that i could get a fixed ip address.
> does anyone know of another dsl carrier that provides a fixed ip
> address? i hate the idea of having to pay to put my boxes somewhere else
> just to get a fixed ip address.

I'm switching to speakeasy.net, although anyone that resells worldcom
service (check dslreports.com) should be able to provide a decent
connection and static IP.  I'm paying more for the connection, but their
AUP is very open, and they have good tech folks there.

Peace.

john