trying to resurrect a dead liebert UPS

Robert P. J. Day ncsa-discussion@ncsysadmin.org
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:46:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, John Franklin wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 02:36:39PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   recently, i had a 6-YO liebert powersure interactive UPS
> > give up the ghost here at home.
> >
> >   when i turn it on, it simply cycles through the startup
> > sequence -- a clear sigh that it's found a fatal problem
> > somewhere on the main board.  add to that the fact that,
> > given its age, it would have needed a new battery anyway.
>
> Is it likely that the battery being dead is the fatal problem?  How much
> would it cost to replace the battery vs replacing the entire unit?

it's not just the battery, there's clearly something wrong on the
main board based on the lights pattern when it's trying to power up.
both liebert and the local distributor i bought it from pretty much
wrote it off.

someone already put dibs on it, just for the fun of playing
with dead electronic things, so i'm just going to dump it.
not like i need it that much anymore, after my switch from
desktop to laptop, anyway.

rday