web search engine?

Josep L. Guallar-Esteve ncsa-discussion@ncsysadmin.org
04 Oct 2002 10:04:42 -0400

On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 09:56, Patti Johnson wrote:
> Hello all,
> If I'm not in the right place to post this or if there's another place, please correct/direct...

> We're looking for a search engine for our campus web.  We have been/are using IIS' index server but would like a little more.  In
> the past, we'd used Excite, until we migrated to an Alpha Win/NT box, which wasn't supported by excite; and since then, i can't find
> info on obtaining a license for their formerly-free search engine.

> What experience have you all had?  Recommendations?  Suggestions?

> tia
> pj

A friends of mine run an OpenSource search engine 'BuscaDoc'. This is a
search engine optimized for documentation search. The 'drawback' for you
(maybe) is that all of it is in Spanish.

The project:

http://www.escomposlinux.org

The search engine:

http://buscadoc.ods.org/

Hope this helps.

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve         Eastern Radiologists, Inc.
Systems and Network Administration