netscreen magic bus in RTP tomorrow

Lisa Lorenzin lorenzin at 1000plus.com
Mon Aug 18 13:45:54 EDT 2003

hi folks,

i've had several people inquire about the firewall/vpn devices i used for
the IPSec presentation / demo in august, so i thought this might be of
interest to the group...

my company, netscreen, has a demo truck coming to RTP tomorrow - it's a
tractor-trailer loaded up with our entire line of network security
products in various configurations.

on the firewall/vpn side, we have everything from the NetScreen-5XTs
appliances (what i had at the NC*SA meeting) up to our multi-gigabit
chassis-based firewall system (hooked up a to a smartbits for your
packet-pushing entertainment).

we also have an intrusion detection and prevention system - a next-gen IDS
that can actually intercept malicious traffic.  there's a great demo on
the bus of a website attack (against an IIS webserver, of course!) that
can be blocked by the IDP.

i'll be working the bus from 8am to 4pm - feel free to come by!  there
will be munchies, and we'll also be raffling off a NetScreen-5GT, our
newest SOHO firewall/VPN device.  the bus will be parked at IBM in
keystone technology park off davis drive (south of 40, past hopson road,
on the left).

                                                        lisa

--
lisa lorenzin  |  lorenzin at 1000plus.com  |  http://www.1000plus.com/lisa/
of what avail is an open eye if the heart is blind? - solomon ibn gavirol