NC*SA Meeting - Monday, February 10th - Eric S. Raymond on Freedom, Power, and Software

Jeremy Portzer ncsa-discussion@ncsysadmin.org
07 Feb 2003 08:34:41 -0500

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 23:19, Lisa Lorenzin wrote:

> > I know there has been talk about this on the TriLUG
> > list, but will anybody be recording this session?  For
> > those of us out of the area, I know I for one would
> > love to watch the meeting.
>
> Eric has given his permission for recordings; Lisa Boyd of TriLUG is
> coordinating.
>
> > If so, what format?
>
> Last time we got audio in ogg and .rm and video in .mov - given the crowd,
> I'm sure there'll be a wide variety of options.
>
> > And who can I pay to rent a copy of the recording -
>
> In the past (Eben Moglen), the recordings of the talks were
> made available afterwards on ibiblio; I can put a copy on the NC*SA
> website as well, linked off the Past Meetings page.  (I'll put a copy of
> Eben's talk up, too, while I'm at it.)
>
> > I suppose streaming is not an option, huh?
>
> AFAIK, streaming isn't an option because there's no Internet access out of
> the auditorium.

No one ever said there wasn't Internet access.  :-)

I'm working on setting up an audio stream.  Video stream probably won't
be possible because of bandwidth issues, so we'll still need *one*
person to bring a video camera and tape it to be made available later.
Let's please not have 10 cameras there. :-)

--Jeremy