sendmail: mail.local delivers to /var/mail/ not /var/spool/mail

Steve Wills steve at stevenwills.com
Thu Jan 8 14:00:42 EST 2004

Joseph Mack NA3T said:

> thanks

Glad to help.

> I grep'ed the whole directory and missed it.

I know the feeling, I used to do that all the time, then I discovered
egrep -iRl. :)

> Is anything going to bight me by moving this? My last version of sendmail
> delivered to /var/spool/mail and the current one is working with a link
> from /var/mail to /var/spool/mail.

I doubt it, you should be able to put your mail spool wherever you want.
On the other hand, I'm tend not to move things from standard/default
places unless I have to, since it makes it easier for myself and others to
find things.

Just my $0.02,
Steve

--
One Page Principle:
	A specification that will not fit on one page of 8.5x11 inch