Linux Server Backup Solutions

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Thu May 13 11:15:25 EDT 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004 at 11:10am, Bill Morris wrote

>   I was wondering what backup solutions members
> are using for their Linux servers? This will be a
> production box, so it will have to be a dependable
> backup system.
>
>   It will be a Compaq Proliant DL380 G2 or G3. It will
> be running Novell SUSE LINUX Enterprise.

I use amanda to backup the home dirs of ~20 desktops to a little Exabyte
drive and to backup ~5.5TB of formatted space on 4 servers to an Overland
AIT3 library with 2 drives.  One of the nicer benefits of amanda is that
you can get the data off the tapes with nothing but basic utilties (dd,
mt, and restore/tar) if the amanda tools aren't available to you at
recovery time.

http://www.amanda.org

--
Joshua Baker-LePain