Linux Server Backup Solutions

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu May 13 16:19:43 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 09:05:33AM -0700, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> On Thu, 13 May 2004, Daniel E Singer wrote:
>
> > Oh my god, let's not get into that one!!!   :-O
>
> no really.
>
> With 6 tape drives, I'd get a jam/hang in a drive a couple
> of times a week and I'd have to reboot the fileserver.
> Hasn't happened once with a disk drive as the target.

Good grief, what kind of tape were you using?  QIC?

If I was getting tape drive jams/hangs a couple of times a week, I'd
throw the tape drives away and buy better ones.  My VXA1 tape drive
hasn't jammed since I've had it, and I bought it when they first came
out.  I got rid of my Archive PythonDAT for far less fault.

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :