newbie apologizes for spam filter headache

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Mon Sep 13 09:01:56 EDT 2004

Well I certainly apologize for causing you a headache because of my subject,
but perhaps you should have your sysadmin whitelist your mailing lists..
I'll try not to sound "spammish" in my subjects, but if all it takes is the
subject of one message from a well-intentioned new list member to cause your
spam filter to clamp down on a discussion list, methinks your spam filter
needs some tweaking.

This isn't a personal jab.  From the sound of it, it's your sysadmin who has
dominion over these things.

If it helps, my original message coming back to me scored -4.9 on the
spamassassin scale.  Negative points.  Granted I do have Bayesian filtering
in place, but the Bayesian filter has never seen mail from ncsa-discussion
before.

Regards,
~Brian