replying to ncsa-annouce: was Re: Reminder - NC*SA presents Tom Limoncelli, TONIGHT, 7pm at Red Hat HQ (fwd)

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Sep 13 13:16:44 EDT 2004

I just got some messages which appeared to be replies to ncsa-announce
and which came from ncsa-announce.

When last I looked, only one person, the president/program coordinator has
write permission to ncsa-announce. It was only for posting meeting (and
limited other) announcements. Replies were set to ncsa-discussion and
replies/postings to ncsa-announce went to /dev/null. The reason for this
is that postings also went to SAGE where they were archived. SAGE got down
on us at one time for sending multiple copies of the monthly announcement.

Have things changed?

Thanks Joe