daylight saving time algorithm changing

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 10:34:52 EDT 2005

Except metric time would be really weird :)

I personally don't like the metric system outside of soda bottles. Imagine
buying a liter of milk. It's just not right. I also prefer the 427 V-8
engines to the roughly equivalent 7.0 liter designation.

I've also witnessed lots of simple errors in reporting data in the metric
system (for example, number of watts hitting the human ear for a given
volume). When you have the decimal point off by one or two in the metric
system, noticing the error is hard. On the other hand, if you have a decimal
point off by one or two in the English system, it's generally obvious what
you're talking about.

WMM

On 8/9/05, Iztok Umek <iztok at si-con.com> wrote:

> > >http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/08/08/daylight.saving.ap/index.html
> > Does anyone else think this is just a pointless measure? I really doubt
> > it's going to save energy.
>
> I think that going with metric system would have a greater benefit then
> changing DST.

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős