Multiple VPN Connections?

DLaws at vdsinc.com DLaws at vdsinc.com
Tue Feb 8 09:21:38 EST 2005

Thanks for the previous reply.

I am a newcomer to using VPN an any environment other that the Windows
desktop, so please forgive my ignorance.

Assume we are talking about IPSec VPN connections that may be from
different, non-interoperable VPN solution vendors.  Also assume we are
using non-public IP address (10.x.x.x) in our productions environment and
that this is also the case on the remote networks.  In short, assume all
the worst possible conditions and that we have no control over the remote
networks.

What are the essential steps/components to establishing and maintaining
multiple client VPN connections on a Windows host that is functioning as
an Apache-Tomcat web application server with applications that need
real-time access to database servers on the remote networks?

Do we need to go to each VPN solution vendor for client side software?

Do we need gateway hardware/software that will provide connection
isolation and address translation?

Can you recommend good sources for further research on these or other
questions?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Dennis Laws