WINS Issue half-resolved

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Fri Feb 25 17:12:40 EST 2005

> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Brian Henning wrote:
> >  Okay, the culprit was Norton Internet Security..  Argh.  I knew I hated
> > that program.
>
> I'm finding more and more that anything Norton or Symantec causes problems
> wether it be windows or Mac...

[JR>] I just had a system running Outlook and latest greatest Symantec
Internet Security super flaming turbo whapper get hacked.  A friend of mine
with the FBI said he had switched to CentOS.  I reckon it will be right
difficult to have problems with Symantec Internet Security on CentOS (or
Mandrake or whatever Linux you choose).  I'd have better security with a
Trojan rubber than some of these so-called firewalls on Winders.