Local pager service

Danny Rappleyea Danny.Rappleyea at etrials.com
Tue Jun 7 16:21:25 EDT 2005

We have cell phones here with my company. I still went with a pager
system for automated network monitoring alerts. I live in Hillsborough,
so coverage was definitely a consideration.

I went with Skytel. Their 2-way coverage is MUCH broader than 1-way
coverage. Who knows why. Their Nationwide 500 plan is 500 messages per
month for $19.95, and includes the pager rental. We chose the Motorola
P935 2-way pager with mini keyboard. It's a bit bulky, but fairly
functional. We use it in IT to send quick emails to each other at lunch,
coming into work, etc.

Of course, 500 messages goes awfully quick when people discover the
2-person Battleship game that uses messages to send moves between
pagers. :::sighs...not admitting that I've ever played it:::.

Hope this is useful. And email if you'd like my Skytel contact person.

Danny