SAGE/Usenix membership

Jeff The Riffer riffer at vaxer.net
Mon Mar 14 11:14:00 EST 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Matt Pusateri wrote:
> I am contemplating joining SAGE and or Usenix. Can anyone who is
> currently a member or former member provide some feedback?  I'm looking
> to ascertain what you find valuable or invaluable about either
> memebership?

Oh good, I was wondering if there was any activity here... I'm a new
subscribed, just joined the mailing list last week.

I'm a member of SAGE, though I only joined a few months ago. So what's
valuable about it?

	a) Discount on SysAdmin magazine subscription
	b) Access to the SAGE mailing list, which is a pretty active list
	   with discussions both technical and political.
	c) On-line access to a host of previously published articles on a
	   variety of topics.

Membership is pretty cheap, I think I paid like $40 for a year. You even
get a membership card, :)  Of course you also get discounts for
conventions like LISA but that's not much of a benefit to me personally...
for others it may be different.

I'd say it's well worth it because it's a pretty low price to join a
professional organization. At the very least it lets you add something to
your resume...

So, anyone else going to be at the meeting tonight? I was planning to stop
by and see what's sup.