Greets and thanks

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Tue Mar 15 08:58:17 EST 2005

On Mon, March 14, 2005 11:07 pm, Jeff The Riffer said:

> Ok, so this isn't my first e-mail to the list but here's my formal
> introduction of myself.
>
> "Hi. I'm Jeff Mercer and... I'm a recovering sysadmin."
>
> I've lived in Raleigh since late '99, been working as a sysadmin for
> years
> at a crappy local ISP but in the past year or so have transitioned
> over to
> IT Security. Which is theoretically far more profitable, unless you
> work
> where I do. *sigh*
>
> Recently I've decided I haven't tried hard enough to get involved in
> the
> local tech-head scene and not being as obsessive about Linux as I
> probably
> should be, this seemed like a good place to start. Uh... so, Hi!
>
> I attended tonight's meeting and enjoyed myself. Especially listening
> Hunter's tales of woe. :)
>
> For those curious as to who I was, here's a headshot of me from the
> previous
> year:
>
> 		http://oak.vaxer.net/misc/jcm-head.jpg
>
> which I provide mainly so people can satisfy their primate curiosity.
> And so
> I'll feel less like a noob, :)

Jeff,

Glad you made it to the meeting.  Also glad you are looking to become
more involved.  More people means more experiences and more
opportunities to learn something you didn't know before.

As an aside, I am sure if you want to become more obsessive about
linux then TriLug - Triangle Linux Users group will welcome you as
well.  http://www.trilug.org.

Matt