Horde/IMP versus Squirrelmail

Steven Champeon schampeo at hesketh.com
Tue May 24 22:52:19 EDT 2005

on Tue, May 24, 2005 at 10:41:10PM -0400, Jeff The Riffer wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2005, Steven Champeon wrote:
> >on Tue, May 24, 2005 at 02:55:47PM -0400, Matt Pusateri wrote:
> >> I've been using SM for at least 2 years and the majority of
> >> vulnerabilites have been cross site scripting vulnerabilities.  Since
> >> SM is a mail client only, I find it hard to believe that SM itself is
> >> responsible for all the Scam emails you have been getting.
> >I don't follow - seems to me that mail clients are what are used to send
> >mail.
>
> For a broad definition of mail client, yes. What mail client am I using when
> I telnet to port 25?

Look, gang, I'm not in the mood for a semantic pissing match. I've seen
a lot of spam sent via SquirrelMail, from apparently authenticated
webmail accounts. I said so, and that I suspect something when I see a
pattern like that. If you choose to use the software anyway, it's your
dime. But if I see 419 or phish scams from your box, it disappears from
my view of the Internet.

Cheers,
Steve

join us!   http://hesketh.com/about/careers/account_manager.html    join us!