Horde/IMP versus Squirrelmail

Josep L. Guallar-Esteve jlguallar at gmail.com
Wed May 25 14:27:43 EDT 2005

On 5/24/05, zman <zman at shell.neverwhere.org> wrote:

>(...) Fedora Core's life is not even an issue as there is a
> proven upgrade path as there is with REL as well.

The existence (or lack of) upgrade path is not the problem. The
problem is that you must  upgrade the whole system (the whole Fedora
Core Linux) to a new version every 10 months or so, as no more
official patches will come out from Fedora Core team/Red Hat inc[*]
for that version.  Full OS upgrdes are a pain.

CentOS, for people used to Red Hat Linux, is known territory. And
supported for 5 years. No OS upgrades for 5 years!!

CentOS is very nice for home server usage, as you are using
enterprise-grade Linux, the Red Hat/Fedora flavour .

CentOS also servers well as training grounds to try out RHEL before
convincing PHB to get RHEL support contracts.

[*] Yes, I know of Fedora Legacy Project but:

a) it's very short on voluntiers
b) drops many releases of Fedora Core per lack of voluntiers
c) is kinda slow in releasing updates

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve         Eastern Radiologists, Inc.
PACS and Systems Administration  http://www.easternrad.com