Questions for S.C. candidates for monday's elections

Stephen P. Schaefer sschaefer at acm.org
Sat Nov 12 02:25:41 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 21:24 -0800, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, Stephen P. Schaefer wrote:
>
> >> Would you support a resolution requiring S.C. members to
> >> give upto one presentation a year in the absence of a
> >> scheduled speaker for a meeting?
> >
> > I'm curious as to which meeting you're referring to.
>
> I put it to an S.C. meeting I think in the bldg where you
> anc Stan worked for a relatively short time, but I'm not
> sure. I don't think I even got a 2nd'er for the motion.
>
> Joe

No; you said at the beginning of the paragraph that I quoted, but which
you elided in your response:

"It is unlikely that the NCSA members know that all the S.C.
members 2years ago, except myself, would rather cancel a
meeting in the absence of a scheduled speaker, than go
to the trouble of preparing a talk themselves."

I am asking to what potentially canceled meeting two years ago do you
refer?

A general meeting was held at eMIS, who formerly employed Stan and I, in
May of 2001.  I don't remember a steering committee meeting there, but
it could not have been later than July 2002, when eMIS ceased
operations.

    - Stephen