free 1G external scsi disk and case

Dan Singer des at cs.duke.edu
Wed Sep 7 16:29:07 EDT 2005

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

 > OK everyone = everyone in the underfunded biochemistry dept.
 >
 > 1996. I wasn't in a well equiped CS dept. It was a disk attached to an X-ray
 > diffraction machine. One experiment filled the disk.

Heh, heh...  Well, the BioChem. dept. spends their budget on big
honkin x-ray machines and lab equipment.  The Computer Science dept.
spends their budget on ...... computers!

Actually, the dept. I was in before C.S., the Center for the Study of
Aging and Human Development (DUMC), from about '91-'94, we were buying
1 GB drives and possibly 2 GB drives while I was there.  Or, maybe
they started getting the 2 GB drives shortly after I left.  It's been
awhile...

--
Daniel E. Singer, System Administrator
Dept. of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham NC 27708 USA